Monday 23 April 2012

Camera Blog # 1


I have decided that it's only right to publicly announce the newest arrival and addition to the camera clan - the exquisitely robust Minolta SRT 200. In true Bird Day style, it was found lying miserably in a charity shop window and after quickly throwing plenty of pennies at the lady behind the counter, the camera and a compatible Celtic lens was safely in our possession.

I must say that it I am somewhat excited about using it and seeing what this bad boy can do - shutter speed ranges from 1/1000 of a second to unlimited and - a first in the collection - a viewfinder that alters in brightness as you change the aperture, although how much this reflects reality I'm yet to find out. The Celtic lens has a minimum focusing distance of 1.5m, but this is sorely needed due to current lack of zoom.

To be honest, it all boils down to one thing - I can't wait to use another camera with the old lock-and-load feel when you move the film on. I just like to pretend it's a rifle. Oh yes.

Watch out for the fruit of this beast coming to Bird Day soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment